Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Good morning Sydney!

I have arrived in Sydney. The flight was too quick - between sleeping, watching a couple of episodes of "Modern family" and grading papers I barely had time to myself :). I did not even have time to do as much as I would hope - and I had big plans - finish all grading, knit a baby blanket, review a paper, have a full night sleep, read a couple of books :) that is not to mention the catching up with the latest movie releases - Qantas has an amazing personal entertainment system. The rainman was right - this is the airline to fly ;) not to mention they all speak with an Aussie accent - so dear to my heart.

It was my first time flying on an A380 - and I used to be the person who wouldn't notice aircraft differences. This one is different though. It is rather quite (that made that poor baby crying her lungs out for 5 hours straight much more noticeable, but what are you gonna do :).
It also has a lot of bathrooms, which helps a lot. And the thing I enjoyed the most - skycam - a camera on the tail that you can watch on your personal screen. I was watching our landing in Sydney - pretty cool! It was cloudy and mushy in Sydney though, but landing was smooth.
(see picture)


My connection in Sydney was really hectic - it was short, I did not have a boarding pass and I had to go through security again. But all is in the past now - I am in Christchurch - ready for some walking around.
It is now a little after 10pm December 24 (Boston time), so I left my parents house about 30 hours ago.

Till later,
M



No comments:

Post a Comment