Monday, December 24, 2012

And the journey begins...

I am all packed. I probably forgot a lot of things, but i did remember to bring my passport (that was a close one, so i think I did well).
I am at the airport about to board the first leg of my journey - Boston to Los Angeles. It is Sunday, December 23, 4pm Boston time. I am scheduled to arrive in Christchurch around 3pm on Christmas day (it will be 9pm tomorrow, December 24, in Boston).

I haven't traveled anywhere for a while and I was rather surprised to be greeted by an electronic lady by the security lane reiterating the rules in English and Spanish. So much so I even took a picture of her (below).

I am very excited about my trip. The last couple of weeks were really hectic and I am looking forward to New Zealand one day summer break and totally new adventures on the ice. I hope my flights go smoothly - including the one to the ice. I got an email saying that it has been unusually warm and we will have to fly at night to ensure the runway stays firm.
I will most likely update again before going completely south.

Till then, thanks for reading!
M





No comments:

Post a Comment