Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Leaving for West Antarctica

Hello!
I am a little backed up on posts, mainly because it takes forever to sort out pictures and also a long time to download them. I have a lot of pictures, they are not of perfect quality, but I really want to share some of them, so please bare with me.

 We have had bad weather for the last couple of days, it's snowy and windy and we're not flying. Aside from being a little frustrated, I am doing really well. I have explored a lot of things around McMurdo. I found a "crafts" room where I could borrow yarn and most importantly some patterns. This would be handy for my upcoming trip to WAIS - West Antarctic Ice Station. I will not have internet access there, so I will not update for a while. I will try to keep notes on my computer though, so I can post them when I get back.

Also, there's a "work" blog that I writing now. Unfortunately there hasn't been much to report, but I am hoping it will get better soon: amrc.ssec.wisc.edu/blog/

I have visited New Zealand's Scott base, found a bike to bike around, did most of the hikes in the area, saw penguins and seals and even went to a yoga class. Zozo continues to be a very recognizable penguin on the station. In fact I lost him once and my colleague Lee found him, so I continue to introduce Zozo to everyone ;) I hope Zozo will not try to run away from me again.

 Here's Zozo having a glass of NZ sauvignon blanc at Scott base.




Cheers, Masha

2 comments:

  1. Any more news, Masha? Almost two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Gary, I was weather delayed coming back. I will sort out my work blog first and update more here as well, I promise!

    ReplyDelete